Academic Careers in the Humanities and Social Sciences – 13 March
Academic Careers in the Humanities and Social Sciences
Thursday 13 March 2014, 13:45 – 17:00
(to be followed by a cheese and wine reception)
The University Graduate College is hosting a new careers event on Academic Careers in the Humanities and Social Sciences on the afternoon of Thursday 13 March 2014.
This event for postgraduate research students and research staff provides an opportunity to gain an insight into the career paths of a range of academics and to hear their personal reflections on working in different types of institution.
The afternoon will enable you to:
- Increase your understanding of the nature of an academic career in the sciences, including the career options available.
- Gain insight into the skills, knowledge and experience required for different levels of academic posts, and how to develop these attributes.
- Talk informally in small groups with academics about their career journeys.
- Receive tips for what you need to do now to position yourself for the academic career you’re interested in.
- Find out about further sources of support to assist you with your career planning and job application processes.
The draft programme and speaker biographies can be downloaded below.
Academic Careers HSS Programme 2013-14 (444.5 Kb, 191 downloads)
PGR students can book here.
Research Staff can book by emailing ResearcherDevelopment@cf.ac.uk