The overall aim of the Travel Plan is to reduce the University’s impact on the environment through
- encouraging staff and students to use more sustainable travel methods, and
- supporting alternative working practices which reduce unnecessary travel.
The Travel Plan is informed by baseline data obtained through the Travel Survey, which the University undertook in May 2008. Key findings of the survey can be seen in the presentation linked on the right.
The University Travel Plan was reviewed and re-launched in October 2012.
- Carshare: Details of the University Liftshare Scheme are available through the Security website.
- Cycling: Details of Cycling at Cardiff University are available through the Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Unit website.
- Walking and Running: The Sport & Exercise Division are currently developing a number of new opportunities for staff and students to introduce physical activities into the normal daily routine.
- Public Transport
- Cardiff Bus routes and timetables, including City Centre/Newport Road to Heath Hospital services.
- Newport to Cardiff Centre via Heath Hospital bus service.
- Cardiff Centre Park and Ride bus services help to travel easily to Cardiff City Centre.
- Pentwyn to Heath Hospital Park and Ride bus service.
- Rail: National and local services, including season tickets - valid for periods between seven days and one year.
- If you are travelling on public transport within Wales, use Traveline Cymru to plan your journey.
- For travel in the rest of the UK use the Traveline website.
- Map of the University - Cathays and Heath campuses.
- Carbon Neutral and Offsetting If you need to travel by car or by plane, this is your opportunity to offset your carbon emissions through the ClimateCare web site.