Environmental Management System
Objectives of the EMS
The University has an integrated Safety, Health and Environmental Management System, certified to ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards. Aims of this include:
- To ensure the whole organisation is effectively managing its environmental impacts and
- To further the University's sustainability aims.
A full description of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System is available to members of Cardiff University.
Related documentation is linked on the right and described below:
- The Objectives and Targets document gives strategic environmental objectives and targets which have come from the Environmental Management System
- The 'Environmental Management System' document has archive information on what everyone needs to know about the EMS
- If your school took part in the pilot implementation of the Environmental Management System within the Cathays Campus, there is archive information in the Toolkit for EMS Implementation.
- Dr Katrina Henderson (HendersonKA@Cardiff.ac.uk), OSHEU (Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Unit). Telephone: Cathays Campus ext. 70786