Prof Jonathan Scourfield
Jonathan Scourfield is Professor of Social Work in Cardiff School of Social Sciences, having formerly worked as a probation officer and secondary school teacher.
Main Areas of Teaching
- Social science perspectives on social work
- Advanced social work practice
- Gender relations and society
Currently supervising doctorates on direct payments for disabled people; public discourse on murder-suicide; the role of statutory social workers in suicide prevention and schools-based mental health promotion for young people.
- Member of commissioning panel for AHRC/ESRC Religion and Society Programme ‘Youth’ call (2009)
- Member of the ESRC interim recognition panel for doctoral training in social work (2005)
- Editor of special issue of Critical Social Policy on gender and child welfare (26, 2, 2006)
- Co-editor Contemporary Wales 2003-6 and member of editorial collective for Critical Social Policy 2003-5
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Updated April 2013.