Frequently Asked Questions
- I’ve seen a course I would like to attend, how do I reserve a place?
- Do I receive a confirmation when I have booked a place?
- Where are the Professional Development Courses held?
- How do I get to the Centre for Lifelong Learning?
- What happens if I am unable to attend the course?
- Do I receive a qualification when I complete a course?
- What is the maximum number of delegates that can attend a course?
- We’ve just completed our company appraisals and one of the courses would be suitable for many of our employees. Can we block book a course?
- What is the general dress code on the day?
- Are refreshments provided on the day of a course?
- Do you provide in-house training for organisations?
- Do you provide car parking?
You can print off and complete our booking form and return it to us by fax/email. Or you can also complete an online booking form if you are requesting us to invoice you.
Yes, you will receive a reservation letter initially followed by full joining details, including times, location and map approximately 10 days prior to the course start date .
The courses are held at the Centre for Lifelong Learning at Cardiff University, on Senghennydd Road
If you contact us at least 10 working days before the start of the course (15 working days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) you can transfer to the next course date if there is one organised, or we will issue you a refund minus a £40 administration charge (£100 for PRINCE2 and MSP courses).
Fees will be forfeited for cancellations received after this date.
All delegates receive a Cardiff University certificate of attendance, however some of our courses are externally accredited for example PRINCE2. Further information can be found on our course web pages
The majority of our courses have a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure everyone receives the most from the training.
We’ve just completed our company appraisals and one of the courses would be suitable for many of our employees. Can we block book a course?
Yes you can, but if you feel your team would benefit from a tailor made course our Professional Development Team can help you design a course to meet your training needs.
There is no formal dress code. Most of our delegates dress smart casual.
Yes refreshments and buffet lunch are included in the course fee.
Yes in-house training is a cost-effective option if your organisation has a number of delegates who would benefit from attending a particular course.
Delivery can take place either at your organisation or within the Centre for Lifelong Learning. Contact a Business Development Manager to discuss your training needs.
Car parking in University car parks is extremely limited and therefore not available for course delegates. However, there are several short and long stay public car parks (details on map sent to delegates) located close to the University. There is also on road car parking available in the area surrounding the Centre, where a pay and display system is in operation.