Back to: Statistics
Introductory Course in Data Management
- Introductory Course in Data Management
(3, 4, 5 June 2014 )
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
This 3 day course provides an introduction into the basic core of a powerful data management system, and provides skills for accessing managing, studying and analysing data as well as producing reports.
The course will be presented through the combined use of seminars and practical workshops. Numerous examples and demonstrations will be presented together with regular laboratory exercises.
This course is accredited by Cardiff University. On successful completion the participant will receive 10 Credits, Level 1 (CQFW Level 4).
Who is it for?
- Those with basic programming experience.
- Should be comfortable with Microsoft XP.
- Upon completion participants will be able to perform simple statistical analyses and produce reports using the system.
What you will learn:
- How to use an extremely powerful data management and analysis tool.
- How to effortlessly manage and analyse data.
- How to produce high quality, professional reports using the system.
Benefits of attending
- Understand the windowing environment in Microsoft Windows XP.
- Import raw data into data sets.
- Work with data sets (storing, accessing and merging data sets).
- Understand the basics of data step programming.
- Produce reports.