Back to: Cardiff Business School
Six Sigma: Fast Track Green Belt Training - 5 day course
- Fast Track Green Belt Training
(11 - 17 September 2014)
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
This five day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training is a very practical programme that enables attendees immediately to start applying tools and techniques for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes, irrespective of type or size of industry. Attending the first two days of the programme will enable participants to achieve a yellow belt accreditation, whilst completing the five day programme allows progression to green belt.
No prior knowledge of Lean Six Sigma required for attending this course
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
A Green Belt (GB) is an individual who works on improvement projects part-time (20%), either as a team member for complex projects (supporting Black Belt) or as a project leader for simpler projects. Most managers in mature Lean Six Sigma organisations are GBs. Generally, GB projects may address processes that are not cross-functional.
Typically, a GB project has a bottom-line impact of approximately £30k-£35k per year and should be completed within a span of three to four months. The project must have followed Lean or Six Sigma methodology and have applied relevant tools and techniques of Lean/Six Sigma. Attending all five days of the training and carrying out a Lean Six Sigma project (essential criteria) will lead to Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification. If delegates attend the first two days of the training programme only, they will receive a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification from Cardiff University. You are not expected to conduct a project to get a Yellow Belt Certification.
- Understand the key metrics of Lean & Six Sigma
- Develop skills to use Minitab software for Lean Six Sigma projects
- Apply Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology in problem solving scenarios
- Apply basic and advanced statistical concepts (such as regression analysis, hypothesis testing, design of experiments, Statistical Process Control charts) for process improvement
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of Green Belts and learn how to execute projects and write up the report
To gain accreditation:
- Complete a Lean Six Sigma project and submit report to Cardiff University (CU).
- Present project details to CU assessors.
N.B. *Additional £250 charge for accreditation.