What is Records Management?
Records Management is a tool that can enable the University to work effectively and efficiently by:
- capturing and maintaining records needed as evidence of its activities, decisions, policies, compliance and research;
- maintaining records and information in ways that make them reliable and easily retrievable;
- retaining records and information for only as long as necessary;
- complying with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation;
- keeping records for the Institutional Archive, which tell the story of its past and achievements.
How can Records Management help me?
By managing your records well, you can benefit from:
- easily accessible information;
- a tidy office and computer;
- more space both physically and electronically;
- reliable records which can be used as proof of your work.
Here for you
Based in the Legal Compliance Unit, the University Records Manager and her staff provide guidance, policy, and training to ensure that good records management is put into practice across the University.
Ms Sarah Phillips
University Records Manager
Telephone: (029) 208 79403
Data Protection Advice for Researchers
For more information on Data Protection Advice for Researchers you can follow this link