International Summer Programmes
PLEASE NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR CARDIFF UNIVERSITY FUNDING FOR SUMMER PROGRAMMES 2014 HAS NOW PASSED
- Students are still able to apply for some of the Government Sponsored Opportunities - successful students will receive £300 from the university towards travel costs.
- Students are also still able to apply to Summer Programmes directly, but university funding will not be available.
Looking for an opportunity to study or work abroad during your summer break?
A range of funded opportunities for undergraduate students to study or work abroad for a short period of time over the summer break is now available. While the Summer Programme will not count towards your degree, the experience overseas can enhance your studies and enhance your future employability.
Summer Programmes can take place in a variety of different locations and will be a minimum of four weeks.
You’ll be able to explore a subject area that could be unrelated to your degree while at the same time enjoying a brand new international experience!
Benefits of doing a summer programme include:
- Greatly enhancing your CV
- Gaining international experience employers are looking for
- Exploring a new culture
- Differentiating yourself from the pack in a global recruitment market
- Gaining brand new life experiences
- Learning / improving a foreign language
Some of our students who participated in programmes last year share their experiences
"I had a fantastic time with Study India. I would definitely recommend to programme to anyone wanting to learn about different cultures" - Jemima, Study India 2013
"The program was a perfect combination of academic study; a chance to explore and most of all experience a whole new culture" - Ben, Study China 2013
"The trip was amazing .. I honestly feel it was a life changing experience" - Anish, Study India 2013