Eligibility and How to Apply
Summer programme bursaries are open to all undergraduate students of any discipline at Cardiff University, with the exception of:
- Undergraduates in their final year of study, where the intended period of summer study takes place after the end of the spring semester
- International students applying for a summer programme in their home country
Applicants will be judged based on their application, academic referee and their academic performance. The minimum grade required to participate in a short programme is a 2:2.*
*Students applying for the CRCC Asia Programme require a minimum 2:1
How to Apply
- Carry out research on what opportunities are available to you.
- Discuss your application with your personal tutor or another member of academic staff in your School. You will need to provide the name of your academic referee in your application, so be sure to inform them of your intention to do so.
- Complete a Cardiff University Summer Programme application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2014.
*Please note, if applying for a Government Sponsored programme, you do not need to complete a Cardiff University Summer Programme application form. Instead, you should follow the application procedures as stated on the Government Sponsored Opportunities page.
What happens next?
All applications will be considered by a selection committee and applicants will be informed if they have been successful by the 15th of April 2014. The selection committee will judge applicants based on the content of the application, the academic reference and academic performance (including obtaining Cardiff University academic results to date).
*Please note that priority will be given to students who have not previously studied abroad and will not study abroad as part of their degree programme.
Students which have been selected for the CRCC Asia internship in China will also need to take part in a short telephone interview.
Applying to the host university abroad
Successful applicants will be responsible for making the individual applications to the summer programme. The International Office can assist with this process. Please note that a successful application only means that the International Office is agreeing to nominate you or offer you funding for the programme you have selected. There will be an additional application directly with the programme which can only be completed once you’ve been successful in an application with the International Office.
If your application is successful you will be expected to:
- Attend a mandatory pre-departure briefing in May 2014
- Submit a written report about the Summer Programme to the International Office before 1 October
- Make your own arrangements for travel to the Summer Programme
- Obtain a visa if necessary
- Act as an Ambassador for Cardiff University both during and after your summer programme particularly in assisting in promoting summer programmes on your return to the University
- Attend a debriefing session
Please contact the International Office if you have any questions:
Tel: 02920 870813