Estates Division - Further Information
The University occupies a total of 420,000m2 in Cardiff City centre. The actual footprint extends from Heath Park in the North to Newport Road in the South. However, the main campus is concentrated around the Cathays Park which is conservation area at the heart of the city.
The Estates Division is responsible for the management and condition of the University's estate. This responsibility covers the following main functions: -
• Design and construct new buildings to meet identified demand.
• Refurbish existing space to provide modern facilities.
• Allocate space to departments and monitor space utilisation.
• Deal with reactive maintenance issues to cover the day to day repairs to the fabric and services of buildings.
• Draw up and implement a planned maintenance programme to deal with larger items of fabric repair or replacement.
• Provide, through external contracts, a cleaning and waste disposal service for the University.
• Manage the room booking and timetabling function for centrally controlled pool rooms.