International Visiting Fellow Programme
This is a programme for postdoctoral and experienced scholars who wish to conduct research at Cardiff University and whom the School would like to invite to participate in its research culture.
It includes access to experts in the School and to the following facilities:
- attendance at regular specialist Research Seminars in your own field;
- attendance at Research Seminars held in the other areas of specialism offered within the School;
- the opportunity to present a research paper at a seminar;
- use of University Library services, including borrowing rights;
- access to the University network and open-access work stations;
- assistance with IT needs.
The School regrets that it does not normally provide independent office space for visitors, nor does it guarantee regular consultative appointments with academic staff. However there are many open access points in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Library and at other nearby points on campus, and we expressly encourage visitors to join in the intellectual life of the School and to take up opportunities for less formal interchange with staff and research students.
Under this programme, particular arrangements may be negotiated, according to need and the availability of services and personnel. Please write to the Head of School to discuss your project.
All proposed visits are subject to the written approval of the Head of School, for a list of the documents that should accompany your application and the criteria for selection consult the Visitors Guidance document. Please feel free to contact us for any further details you may require.