Science Careers Fair
Wednesday 5 November
Time: 10.30am – 2.30pm
Venue: VJ Gallery, Main Building, Park Place
Information for Students
This fair is a great opportunity for you to:
- Meet 15-20 Student and Graduate Recruiters, Careers & Employability and GO Wales.
- Talk face-to-face with recruiters – ask questions, gain information and advice that may not be available on their website.
- Get ideas and information on what you can do with your degree.
- Find out about the jobs, postgraduate study and time-out opportunities available to you.
- Pick up information, hints and tips from our Careers Team.
- Attend Talks that will help you with your career planning and job applications.
We’d be very grateful if you could give us some feedback on this years event by completing a quick survey which will only take a couple of minutes to complete. The information we receive will help us create a bigger and better event next year! Thanks very much.
Information for Exhibitors
All Student and Graduate Recruiters are invited to attend this event.
- This is a popular event with typical visitor attendance between 250 – 500. Visitors (students, graduates and postgraduates) represent a range of degree disciplines.
- This is a small and well regarded niche event for recruiters, with typical exhibitor attendance up to 20.
- The event is very cost effective; stands are just £150 +VAT (free for NFP and NGO Exhibitors).
- Exhibitors receive a stand area (2×2 metres), table, table covering, 2 chairs, power and 1 parking space, complimentary lunch & refreshments for 2 people, an on-line web link and listing in the ‘Event Briefing Sheet’.
- Sponsorship is also available and very competitive at £500 +VAT (additional to the exhibitor fee).
- Sponsors receive the exhibitors’ benefits as well as your logo featured on the website, all publicity materials and the ‘Event Briefing Sheet’.
- Exhibitors are invited to host additional Talks & Skills Sessions at the event at just £95 +VAT per session.
What’s more, by attending this event you will …
- By targeting one of Britain’s major teaching and research universities; with an international reputation for the quality of its work, which attracts staff and students from around the world.
- Work closely with the Careers & Employability’s Employer Liaison and Marketing Teams who will be able to offer advice and support with your recruitment activities at Cardiff University.
To book for Science Careers Fair 2013 please complete the Booking Form. Alternatively, contact Vicky Osborne, Employer Liaison Assistant:
Tel: (029) 2087 4230.
A-Z of Exhibitors
Details to be added Sep 2014.
Programme of Events
Details to be added Sep 2014.
Last year’s Exhibitors and Programme of Events
The following exhibitors took part in Science Careers Fair in November 2013:
The fair was sponsored by GE Healthcare, Pall Corporation & Welsh Assembly Government:
GE is a global leader across 100 countries. Projects at their Cardiff laboratories focus upon imaging microscopy, stem cell and cell therapy applications. This visit will include an overview of the company, a comprehensive site tour and Q & A with graduates. A minibus will pick you up at 2pm from the Main Building car park and return you at 16.45. Numbers are limited to 16.
Reserve your place by emailing: email@example.com
Find out more about GE Healthcare