Information for Students
This fair is a great opportunity for you to:
- Meet over 40 Student and Graduate Recruiters, Careers & Employability and GO Wales.
- Talk face-to-face with recruiters – ask questions, gain information and advice that may not be available on their website.
- Get ideas and information on what you can do with your degree.
- Find out about the jobs, postgraduate study and time-out opportunities available to you.
- Pick up information, hints and tips from our Careers Team.
- Attend talks that will help you with your career planning and job applications.
Open to all Law Students – How to prepare for the Law Fair
Monday 4 November, 3pm – 4pm, Room 1.30, Law School
An opportunity before the Law Fair to find out what you can do to prepare for the fair and make a good first impression with graduate recruiters. If you haven’t been to a Law Fair before, or if you lack confidence in approaching exhibitors, this session is for you.
We’d be very grateful if you could give us some feedback on this years event by completing a quick survey which will only take a couple of minutes to complete. The information we receive will help us create a bigger and better event next year! Thanks very much.
Information for Exhibitors
All Student and Graduate Recruiters are invited to attend this event.
- This is a popular event with typical visitor attendance from 450 – 630 in recent years. Visitors represent a range of degree disciplines including: LLB Law, LLM Law, MPhil/PhDs, LPC, BPTC.
- This is a well regarded event amongst recruiters, with typical exhibitor attendance between 35 and 55 (depending on venue capacity).
- The event is cost effective; stands are just £495 +VAT.
- Exhibitors receive a stand area (3×2 metres), table, table covering, 2 chairs, power and 1 parking space, complimentary lunch & refreshments for 2 people, an on-line web link and listing in the ‘Event Briefing Sheet’.
- Sponsorship is also available and very competitive at £500 +VAT (additional to the exhibitor fee).
- Sponsors receive the exhibitors’ benefits as well as your logo featured on the website, all publicity materials and the ‘Event Briefing Sheet’.
What’s more, by attending this event you will …
- Be targeting one of Britain’s major teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for the quality of its work, which attracts staff and students from around the world.
- Work closely with the Careers & Employability’s Employer Liaison and Marketing Team who will be able to offer advice and support with your recruitment activities at Cardiff University.
To book for Cardiff Law Fair please complete the Booking Form. Alternatively, contact Helen Thomas, Employer Liaison Assistant:
Tel: (029) 2087 4712
A-Z of Exhibitors
Programme of Events
Talks running at Cardiff Law Fair 2013
2.00pm – Linklaters: ‘Interview & Application Advice’ – Room A
2.30pm – Bird & Bird: ‘How to Impress Employers’ – Room B
3.00pm – TLT LLP: ‘Competency Based Interviews’ – Room A
3.30pm – Lawyer2B: ‘The Legal Landscape and the Changes Ahead’ – Room B
Last year’s Exhibitors and Programme of Events
The 2012 event was sponsored by Macfarlanes LLP
The following sessions were organised to help prepare for the fair:
- Thursday 25 October, 1pm – Prepare for the Law Fair by Bond Pearce, Room 0.22, Law School
- Tuesday 30 October, 3pm – Prepare for the Fair by Helen McNally, Careers Adviser at Cardiff Law School, Room 1.30, Law School
The following workshops and talks took place at the fair:
- 1:30pm – Interview Skills by Allen & Overy (Room C)
- 2:00pm – Alternative Route into Law by CILEx (Room D)
- 2:30pm – How to get a training contract in difficult times by Freshfields (Room C)
- 3:15pm – The Legal Landscape and the changes ahead by Lawyer2B (Room D)