Information for Students
This is a great opportunity for you to:
- Find out information about a range of careers in business, including Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Management, Insurance, Sales & Marketing and Graduate Enterprise.
- Meet Student and Graduate Recruiters, Careers & Employability and GO Wales.
- Talk face-to-face with recruiters – ask questions, gain information and advice that may not be available on their website.
- Find out about the jobs, postgraduate study and time-out opportunities available to you.
- Pick up information, hints and tips from our Careers Team.
- Attend Talks, Workshops and Skills Sessions that will help your with you career planning.
Information for Exhibitors
All Student and Graduate Recruiters promoting opportunities for careers in Business and Finance are invited to attend this event.
- Our Business and Finance Fair gives you the opportunity to promote career ideas for students, postgraduates and graduates of all degree disciplines interested in a career in Business, Finance, HR, Management, Insurance, Sales & Marketing, Purchasing, Logistics & Supply.
- Attendees (students, graduates and postgraduates) represent a wide range of degree disciplines, including those studying at Cardiff Business School.
- Our 2-day programme detailed below offers you the opportunity to deliver workshops and skills sessions on Monday and Tuesday as well as attend the ‘Cardiff Business & Finance Careers Fair’ on Tuesday at 4pm – 7pm. Use our Booking Form to book your place.
- The event is very cost effective; to participate in talks, skills sessions and/or the fair costs from £95 to £150 +VAT. There is a reduction for registered charities.
- Sponsorship is also available and very competitive at £500 +VAT (in addition to the exhibitor fee). Sponsors receive the exhibitors’ benefits as well as your logo featured on the website and all publicity materials.
What’s more, by attending this event you will …
- Target students from one of Britain’s major teaching and research universities.
- Have the support of our Careers & Employability’s Employer Liaison and Marketing Teams throughout the run up to the event and during the day.
To book for Cardiff Business & Finance Careers Fair 2013 please complete the Booking Form. Alternatively, contact Pam Walsh:
Tel: (029) 2087 4228.
A-Z of Exhibitors
Exhibitor details to be added August/September 2013.
Programme of Events
Details to be added August/September 2013.
Last year’s Exhibitors and Programme of Events
The following exhibitors took part in the Business & Finance Careers Fair & Event in October 2012:
Employer Skills Sessions in Aberconway Building
Monday 22 October
10.10am International Students: Employment Regulations
11.10am KPMG – Commercial Awareness
12.10pm CIMA – The CIMA Qualification
1.10pm Deloitte – Application Skills
2.10pm ICAEW – Getting a Graduate Job – skills employers look for
3.10pm Grant Thornton – Interview Skills
Tuesday 23 October
10.10am Network Rail – Applications, Competency Interview Techniques, Recruitment Hints and Tips
11.10am Teach First – CVs and Covering Letters
12.10pm Ernst & Young – Strengths Recruitment
1.10pm OSTC – Careers in Trading
2.10pm PwC – Who are PwC?