Experience Works helps students to engage in work experience with local employers as early as the 1st year of study. Your future employability is determined by a range of factors – one of the most important is structured work experience. This is your chance to put into practice the knowledge and skills you learn at University but also to gain work place specific abilities and skills that will make you far more employable in the future.
How to register
To register fill out this short online form – we need to gather some basic details about you and the experience you are looking for. Once you have registered we can tell you about suitable opportunities on a regular basis – for most opportunities you will then be asked to apply by submitting a CV and covering letter / statement. An early application is advised as some opportunities are particularly popular.
You can get help on your CV in Careers Central or book an appointment via Your Careers Account.
- 17 – 70 hours of activity – usually unpaid though some are paid
- ‘Out of pocket’ expenses (such as travel, subsistence, etc) are sometimes covered by the host organisation (to agreed limits)
- Attendance pattern is agreed between participant and the host organisation
- Clear outcomes will be agreed for the participant at the outset
- Feedback will be collected from all parties
- Pre-placement/post-placement checks, and appropriate paperwork, will be completed to ensure the quality of the experience and the management of health and safety
These are some of the hottest opportunities available right now:
- Journalism & PR - Chaat travel & food magazine (ref HH1)
- Marketing &/or Fundraising – Autism Directory (ref HH2)
- Journalism & PR – Moginie James Magazine (ref HH3)
- Publicity & Training Assistant – WEST(ref HH4)
- Marketing Officer - Agile Therapy (ref HH5)
- Marketing, Communications and Social Media – ERYC (ref PJ1)
- Marketing, communications and diary management - Careercake (ref PJ2)
- Book keeping / Accountancy administration - Ffotogallery(ref PJ3)
- Range of opportunities - S4C (ref PJ4)
- Marketing / Communications – Ffotogallery (ref PJ5)
- Tenovus – Legacy Marketing (PJ6)
- Tenovus – Direct Marketing (PJ7)
- Tenovus – Database Team (PJ8)
- Script to Screen – Marketing / Communications / Social Media (PJ9)
- Cardiff Royal Infirmary – Website Research and Content Creation (PJ10)
- Cardiff Royal Infirmary – Audit and Research (PJ11)
Closing date for these is 12 noon on 21st October!
For more information on any of the above opportunities please email us quoting the relevant reference number.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the scheme please contact Paul Jones or Helen Hare on: email@example.com